Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My two nephews were part of the Inauguration!

Today my nephew Jesse walked down Pennsylvania Avenue and waved to President Obama. He was one of a group from McCrossan Boys Ranch who took part in the Inaugural Parade. Sixteen students, eight staffers, seven draft horses, two saddle horses and a wagon made the trip to Washington, D.C. They walked/rode past the President just after 5 p.m.EST.

We were watching on CNN at my house. CNN went to commercial just before Jesse's group went by. We totally missed it! D'oh!


I believe Jesse is walking closest to the Presidents side, he is the tallest one. I pretty sure the First Lady was giving Jesse the thumbs up. He he he. I hope to get a report directly from Jess when he is back home.

He told his sister Shay they had to wake up at 1:00 a.m. this morning to prepare themselves and the horses for the parade.

My nephew Eric is also in D.C. today. He was part of the Iowa National Guard contingent that went to provide security.

Hopefully they were able to take some pictures and will let me post them here another day.

No comments: