Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Flowers won't last much longer.

This time of the year I like to take pictures of how things look and make plans for what I want to do next year.

Notice the screen of Emerald Green Arborvitae trees behind the garden? Like eyebrows on a face, the garden looked unfinished without them. They will fill in to form a solid screen about twelve to fifteen feet tall.


My goal is to have enough perenials so I won't need to plant annuals. I love the sweet potato vines though. I will continue to plant those each year.




The silver lace vine did well this year. I think I'll remove the trellis next year and let it grow along the ground. I like how it creeps between the rocks and other flowers.






More black-eyed-susans next year, they seem to bloom forever. More of the pincushion flower too, they are the lavender blue flowers just below the black-eyed-susans.




I will spread the feverfew around the garden. It is a bright little flower that blooms all season. Just needed to deadhead the brown blooms three or four times.



Need to enjoy it while I can, frost will be coming soon. It will look almost as nice with a coat of fresh white snow. Are you looking forward to snow?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sure, why not!

Aunt Krissy said...

nice garden! Yps. looking forward to snow

The Wades said...

gorgeous garden!

i stopped over from pioneer woman's blog because i liked you comment so much!

have a great day. :)

michelle

Anonymous said...

No, I wish we could hold on to this weather for a few more weeks!